Sunday 21 November 2010

Stop Motion Cupcake Making...

So what do most people do when they're ill? Stay home from work...curl up on the sofa...rest and recover - maybe? What do I do when I'm ill? Go to work...come home, stay up ridunculously late to whip up 144 mini cupcakes in 3 varieties and then wake up the next morning at 6am (on my only 'lie in day' of the week!) to make 3 different frostings....WHY? because I'm cupcake crazy that's why! and because today I hosted my first cupcake stall here in Turks and Caicos:


It was a yard sale at a local primary school.  I've come to realise though that yard sales are pretty big entertainment here on the Island though so they're a pretty good stomping ground to sell cupcakes! I was rather impressed that my frosting lasted in the heat of the day too, I appear to be getting better at the whole Caribbean baking thing! 


I was in such a frosting frenzy this morning I forgot to brush my hair or beautify myself in any way shape or form, excuse the picture! 


I have to say I miss my collection of 14 porcelain cupcake stands like crazy! I sure could have put together a far prettier stall if I'd brought those with me! but luckily this stand my mom got me for my birthday worked a treat and was easy for me to bring with from England since it's just made from cardboard! and it got lots of compliments today too! 

Let me introduce you to the cupcakes...first and definitely the most popular of the day was 'The American: A rich chocolate Oreo cupcake topped with peppermint buttercream and a chunk of Oreo'


Then we have 'The Brit: A white chocolate and raspberry cupcake topped with white chocolate buttercream and a fresh raspberry (which did not come cheap on this Island!)'


Lastly, but definitely not least...this cupcake was my fave of the day, 'The Islander: A moist pineapple banana and coconut cupcake topped with cream cheese frosting, shredded coconut and a piece of pineapple'


It was a fun day and all the effort was worth it seeing the kids little faces light up when they saw the cupcakes! Although you can't please everyone, I had one very unhappy customer in the form of a 4 year old little girl who was after a cupcake with Gummi Bears on! Maybe next time...

For now, I will leave you with a little taster of the baking fun that goes on in my Kitchen! In Stop Motion form...it's my husband's new favourite thing to do, we have been making little clips like this of our Island adventure and so I thought it was only right to make a little baking clip too! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow your stall looks very professional, i love the names you gave them all, the bunting is so cute too! I would have bought all of them! That's funny about the girl wanting gummi bears! Next time you should have a place where they can decorate their own like lolas! The video is co cool I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look great! Love the ones with the raspberries on them! And that cake stand is so cute! I've seen it here before and have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a great succees and I second everything that Mara has said. Those stop motion vids look like real live adverts/ Is By going to offer the service to Islanders?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing effort! Your cakes look absolutely gorgeous. I would have loved to try them all!! I really like your video too - looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vid. And your mesuring cups are soooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look fantastic! One year for my boys school fundraiser I made cupcakes with gummi worms on top. The next year I made something a little more grown up and all I got was requests for the gummi worm cupcakes. LOL. Can't please them all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails