Sunday 27 February 2011

Crumbs! now those are some tasty cupcakes!


My best friend Jade is on Island visiting from England.  We are having a blast! She came to Provo via NYC and because she knows me too well she brought me the best present anyone could bring a girl in desperate need of some decent cupcakes.....


Yes that's right not only did she bring me fresh cupcakes from a cupcakery, but they came from NEW YORK! I'm pretty sure it would have to be the cupcake capital of the world right now! and the worst part is most of the cupcake boom took place since my last visit so I have to resort to having dreams about cupcake hunts in NYC!! because that's the closest I can get to them right now! 


So not only did they come from NYC...but they came from Crumbs Bake Shop and man, these were the best cupcakes I have ever eaten in my life!!!! If all New York cupcakes are this good then they put London's efforts to shame that's for sure! 

This amazing box of a dozen mini's had me beyond excited! I was ooh-ing and aah-ing over all the delish looking cakes before one had even reached my mouth! The box consisted of (L-R) Raspberry Swirl, Vanilla/Chocolate Sprinkle, Vanilla/Vanilla Sprinkle, Squiggle, Devil's Food, Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream, Grasshopper, Vanilla Coconut, Candy, Red Velvet and Blackout.


She also brought these two regular sized ones: Blackout and Peanut Butter Cup.
These cupcakes lasted us for days...despite me wanting to scoff the whole lot the day she arrived I restrained and we ate a couple each day.  Even 5 days later and an airplane ride in between they were still fresh and moist and delicious!


Even Sunny wanted to get involved! So we bought him this little cupcake chew toy instead so he could be part of the cupcake club too! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow those are amazing looking cupcakes. I think I need to plan a trip to NY just to eat those! Have a great time with your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delish! And Sunny is sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift! I'd love to go to NY and eat my way round all the cupcake shops and bakeries. Have fun with your friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm these look so delicious. Such variety of flavours too - cookie dough and coconut sound lush. What the heck is grasshopper?? I am thinking that blackout is like devils food?? x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails