Thursday 16 February 2012

Raspberry Marble Cheesecakes for Martha Stewart's Cupcake Club


So I'm cutting it fine here...midnight is fast approaching (here in Wales) and I wanted to be sure to post up my Raspberry Marble Cheesecakes for the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club - after all this recipe was chosen by me this month! but yesterday I was busy all day baking up a special Valentine's treat for Byron and the 15th just crept up on me! 

I was also a bit cheesecake-d out as chance would have it.  I selected this recipe way back before Christmas when I hadn't baked or eaten cheesecake in aaaages and then a few weeks back I made my s'mores cheesecake and this week we've been finishing off some delicious Valentine's cheesecakes that The English Cheesecake Company sent us! so I wasn't too excited to be baking these if I'm completely honest...


but all that changed once the baking had begun, and once I had made the raspberry puree.  Oh man, it smelt so amazing! I seriously wanted to eat it by the spoonful, and I couldn't help myself so I did - but I wouldn't advise it...I hadn't added any sugar to it yet and it was pretty tart! As I was inhaling the amazing raspberry goodness, I had a fantastic idea! Baked vanilla cheesecake is a little boring by itself, so I decided to throw a few tablespoons of that delicious raspberry puree into the mix...not only did it turn it a lovely shade of pale pink but when I tasted some it tasted like raspberry milkshake! Seriously it took my baking session to new heights of enjoyment! Unfortunately - the cheesecakes are cooling in the fridge so I won't be able to try them 'til morning but judging by what I licked from the bowl, they're going to be super tasty! 


I even decided to get a little festive with my swirling of the puree, and since I was still all loved up from Valentine's I used a toothpick to create little heart shapes on the cheesecakes!


Raspberry Marble Cheesecakes:
Makes 12

95g crushed Hobnobs
21g unsalted butter, melted 
85g raspberries
1 tbsp caster sugar
450g cream cheese
200g caster sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
Line cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
Crush Hobnobs in food processor.  Melt butter in microwave and stir into the Hobnobs.  
Press 1 tablespoon of crust mixture firmly into the bottom of each cupcake case.  Bake until set, about 5 minutes.  

Blend up raspberries in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds.  Pass the puree through a sieve into a small bowl, pressing with a flexible spatula to remove as much liquid as possible.  Throw away the seeds (or eat them like I did, yum!) Whisk in one tablespoon of sugar.
With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.  With mixer on low speed, add remaining 200g sugar in a steady stream.
Add salt and vanilla.  (At this point I added 3 tbsp of the raspberry puree mix).
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each.

Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling over the crust in each case.  Dollop a few spots of raspberry puree on top of the mix.  Using a toothpick drag it through the spots to form heart shapes, or swirl it in any direction to create a random swirl pattern.

Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set for about 22 minutes.  Martha advises you use a water bath to ensure they don't crack - I didn't and mine were fine.  
Transfer to wire racks to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

If you want to check out all the other bakers who baked along with us this month then you can do so here.

13 comments:

  1. These look amazing!! Thanks for picking a great recipe and for introducing me to MSCC. I love your heart swirls - so pretty :) These cupcakes were absolutely delicious - everyone loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum they look amazing girly!! :) so pretty with the little hearts on top :) Hope you had a great Valentines day over there :)

    Kc

    a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put some puree in batter! I'm sure it was delicious! And I loved the hearts on top - the perfect touch! Thanks for such a delicious selection! Hope to see you again next month!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day! Cute hearts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute. Love how you've swirled the jammy topping to look like a string of hearts, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely, absolutely stunning Gem- I love the heart shaped swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry i just realised I haven't been keeping up with your blog either! I've missed all your fantastic Valentine's day posts! These marble cheesecakes are perfect :) Yummy ~ And because their little cupcake sized i don't feel so guilty having one or maybe two of them HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these marble cheesecake bites! They look amazing! i just came across your blog and I look forward to reading more. You have wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are adorable! Bet they tasted great, love the way the hearts swirl into each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the hearts in the cheesecake, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so cute and you've done a really good job with the hearts on the top. I was always looking at these when I borrowed your book and thinking how tasty they sounded! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours are really pretty and I love the idea of putting raspberry in the batter. I was thinking lemon in the batter, but not until after I already made them. Thanks for the great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I tried the hearts on top- and they totally didn't turn out, so I ended up with just swirls.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails