Tuesday 11 December 2012

Lime, Coconut & White Chocolate Blondies

I made cake.


 Then I ate it.


Now I wish I had more.

While I went to the kitchen to stuff my face with coconut m&m's, I told my husband to export my photos for me that I was going to blog about.  He told me that he knows how to do a blog post, so I told him to go for it and just write the whole thing, when I returned he told me the post was finished! It was so great that I had to leave it as it is! There's nothing more I can add! 

Aside from the fact that I dreamt these Blondies up in one of those lightbulb moments, where I was deciding how I could bake my beloved white chocolate & coconut Lindt bar into something yummy.  Coconut & lime is one of my favourite flavour pairings so it seemed only natural that I should combine the two with my coconut Lindt chocolate! 

I know the blogosphere is awash with peppermint, egg nog and gingerbread recipes right now...but in my world you can and should eat coconut and lime every day of the week regardless of the season, especially when it's paired with white chocolate frosting and topped with grated lime zest and shredded coconut - delish!

Lime and Coconut Blondies:
Makes 12
From Cupcake Crazy Gem

225g White Coconut Lindt Chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp lime juice
1 heaped tbsp lime zest

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.

Melt White Coconut Lindt Chocolate along with the butter in a heatproof bowl, set above a pan of simmering water.

Remove from heat once completely melted, and allow to cool.  Beat in caster sugar and eggs with a whisk.

Stir flour and coconut into the batter.  Add lime juice and grated lime zest.

Pour into prepared brownie pan (I made mine in a square pan) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.

Leave to cool in pan whilst making this creamy white chocolate frosting:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips

Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
Beat unsalted butter and sifted icing sugar together.  
Once cooled, stir in the melted chocolate.  Continue beating for 3-5 minutes until the frosting is fluffy.

Spread generously on top of the Blondies, sprinkle with grated lime zest and handfuls of shredded coconut.

Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh YUM! Another yummy coconut recipes from you! I have not thought of this 2 combo before! Sounds & looks really tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails