Friday 27 March 2015

Lime & Coconut Cheesecake Jars


There are some flavour combinations you just can't beat! Coconut & lime happens to be one of them, and I can't get enough of it! As is evidenced on this blog from my Key Lime Pie Cupcakes to my Lime, Coconut & White Chocolate Blondies and Coconut & Key Lime Curd Layer Cake to my No Bake Coconut & Key Lime Cheesecake.



When Sugar and Crumbs got in touch with me and told me about their flavoured icing sugars, I was intrigued and when I heard they did a coconut and lime flavour it was a done deal! I had to try it out for myself! so they sent me some to try and I decided to give it a whirl and turn it into some cheesecake in a jar! 


Initially I had planned to use a few drops of coconut extract in the cheesecake mix as I usually would, but the beauty of these flavoured icing sugars is I didn't need to add any! The sugar was so flavourful that it would have been an overkill adding extract to my surprise! and oh the smell as you opened up the pouch to add it into the mixer - it was totally tropical and delicious! and the great thing is the flavours are all natural.  It tasted just as good as it smelt too! 

I layered the cheesecake in between some coconut cupcakes, and combined with a graham cracker crust this was one tasty dessert to go! 

I even tied a little spoon on and gave them away as gifts, the perfect little no bake treat! 


Lime & Coconut Cheesecake Jars:
Makes 2
From Cupcake Crazy Gem

for the crust:
40g graham cracker crumbs
20g unsalted butter, melted

for the cheesecake:
225g cream cheese
120g lime & coconut icing sugar
85g double cream
20g desiccated coconut

for the cupcakes:
3 coconut cupcakes - recipe from Trophy Cupcakes

Using a whisk, whip the double cream until stiff peaks form.
Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together with a paddle attachment in a freestanding electric mixer.
Stir the cream into the cream cheese mix with a spoon until incorporated.  Stir in the desiccated coconut and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
Blitz the graham crackers into crumbs using a food processor.  Add in the melted butter.
Spoon two and a half tablespoons of biscuit mix into the bottom of each jar.  Smooth it out on top with the back of a teaspoon.

Cut coconut cupcakes into cubes.  I used 1.5 cupcakes per jar.  

Put the cheesecake mix into a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted.

Pipe a layer of cheesecake on top of each biscuit base.  Layer with cubes of coconut cupcake.  Repeat with a piped layer of cheesecake, and one more layer of coconut cupcake.  Finish off with a small swirl of coconut cheesecake and a sprinkling of shredded coconut.  

Eat and enjoy.

I received the icing sugar complimentary from Sugar and Crumbs, but all views and opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. They look delicious. Cheesecake jars are on my 'must try' list. Love the flavour you've used, very tropical. Great portion control too or else i'd eat the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just looking at this, and don't they look so pretty in the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful. I've got some of this icing sugar and can't wait to try it. Just tried the black cherry one so far and it's delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails